Bleaching fungal debris under your nail is not a good idea. Because the debris can sometimes look like dirt, the cleaning properties of bleach may seem attractive. However, bleach will not cure the toenail fungus and is likely to do a lot of harm to your toes. While this treatment is sometimes recommended online, podiatrists and other medical professionals heavily advise against it. The negative effects of bleach are dangerous. Any positive effects that bleach may have on toenail fungus are scarce, and better accomplished by other more safe treatments.

Bleaching fungal debris is a bad idea because of the negative properties bleach has on the skin. Bleach is a powerful chemical that should never be applied directly to the skin. If it is, it is likely to cause chemical burns and infections. Even when diluted, bleach will irritate the skin. This will make your toe look even worse since the skin could become red and inflamed, as well as put you in pain or discomfort.

Bleaching fungal debris is also ineffective at treating the fungus itself. While doing this may remove some of the debris, the fungal spores will still exist under your nail. Bleach isn’t an effective method of killing fungus, so you aren’t doing yourself any good with trying this.

Aside from bleaching fungal debris, there are other ways to get rid of the fungus. The best way to do this is with the PinPointe laser, which is completely safe! This laser treatment has no potential side effects and is safe for almost all people with a fungal infection. Because the treatment only requires one session to eliminate the fungus, it is also the fastest way to be rid of fungal debris as fast as possible. To schedule a consultation with a licensed podiatrist for the PinPointe laser, give us a call at 1-(800) 672-0625 or visit our website for more information.